- Company Brief
future of digital print on fabrics in textile market
Digital print on Fabrics:
About 10 years ago, when digital printing on fabrics was a luxury and many of the international textile businesses could only afford screen printing or let’s say semi-digital printing, which is another form of screen printing while having more color options. But now, next to traditional screen printing, digital printing on textiles is on the rise and is playing a key role in the global textile market and will reach 10-15% of the total fabric volume in 2024.
What is digital printed fabrics
DIgital fabric printing is a relatively new way to print on fabric. It's just like when you print a photo to your ink jet printer at home.
In simple terms, digital printing is an inkjet printer for fabric. The printer feeds a roll of fabric through a large-format ink jet printer and the design is printed directly onto the fabric.
2. Advantage of digital printed fabrics
· It enables everybody to print their image, pattern on the fabric. It was more industrial in the past requiring thousands of meters and only printed fabrics are sold in stores. Now there’s no MOQ and it's more customized.
· No color limitation. We know that screen printing can only reach 10-12 colors maximum but with digital print technology, we can print infinite colors.
· Super fast sampling as designs could be digitally applied and modifications could be made on the spot.
· No set up cost and low sampling cost.
· Print on demand, print as much as you need·
3. Which fabric are suitable for digital printing
· Polyester fabric
Polyester fabric has always been a popular fabric throughout the garment industry. It’s made up of synthetic fibre that's usually derived from petroleum. What’s more? It’s so multi-functional and can be used as:
Below fabric in polyester are popular for digital printing
Ø Poly rayon
Ø Muslin fabric
Ø Magic cotton
Ø Baby satin
Ø BSY Twill
Ø Apple chiffon
Ø Poly cambric
· Cotton fabric
· Mixed/blended fabric
· Wool and Silk
4. How does digital print work on fabrics
here are few steps before we really move on to digital printing on fabrics and printing is only a part of the whole process. And we will get to do it step by step.
There are two proved and successful methods of digital printing
1. Direct ink-jet printing on fabric
2. Sublimation digital printing on fabric
Digital fabric printing
Please visit www.viratfabrics.com
The term "rayon" refers to any synthetic fiber made from cellulose acetate. This type of material was first used in the early 1900s for clothing. Today, rayon is often used for home furnishings, bedding, and other household items.
Rayon Fabric Has More Elasticity Than Cotton.Rayon fabrics are more elastic than cotton. They stretch easily and retain their shape after being stretched. Because of this property, they are often used for making lingerie, swimwear, and other garments.